Thursday, 4 June 2015

Final Cut





This is my Final Cut film, the final product of all the planning, shooting and editing. I would like to give a massive thank you to my actor Lewis Trescher for his tremendous effort in making my music video possible. Please watch in Full HD 1080p in full screen with headphones to see the film in it's full glory.





Create your own user feedback survey

After creating a short survey I got a sound amount of responses back a week after, (23 responses). I have a wide variety of ages (50% were under 18, 35% were 18 to 24, 5% very 45 to 54 and 9% were 55 to 64) which means that my results won't be subject to just the opinions of -18 year olds for example. The gender is very balanced as well, 52% male and 48% female which is helpful as it means that I will be able to craft this music video into something that can be enjoyed by both males and females.

Firstly I wanted to know whether they enjoyed my music video otherwise drastic changes would have to be made, however the results were very positive and now I know that all I need to do is tweak things to make it perfect. I even got some "AMAZING" feedback which was a surprise as it is only the rough cut.

Now for the feedback, some useful responses which highlights some of the weak areas were: "Lack of narrative", "Last bit of running", "The ending could be cut", "Actor running dow the road, this scene could be changed", "Slightly too many shots in the woods" and "1:31 - a little bit too dark". I found these response in particular very helpful and I personally agree with them. I will take them on board and change them in my video. Also some comments were mentioned multiple times, such as "The lack of narrative" and "The song".

The next question is about which aspect of the film needs improving, Cinematography, Directing, Editing or the narration, or other. The most popular aspect voted was Directing with a score of 55%, I can understand why as the actor could of put more emotion into his acting but as an amateur volunteer I am very happy with the acting result so I won't be able to change that unfortunately. Some comments on the "other" section say "Running at 1:45 went on a little long?" and "Changing to the ending so that it would have a more definite ending" which I totally agree with and will definitely change.

I also asked about what they liked about my video, so then when I come to fine tuning the rough cut into my final cut I won't get rid of some of the best parts. Even some parts where I didn't like especially but now people have said that is their favourite part I won't change it. I also can use these comments to pick out the aspects of my filming that they enjoyed the most and then use those points again in the reshooting.

With all this feedback I can now use a lot of it to improve my music video. I have some creative ideas which have been sparked by the constructive citizen, such as a dramatic arc to aerial shot with the runner looking up into the distance feeling like he's got somewhere and accomplished something, (this shall be left open to interpretation).

SURVEY: surveymonkey.com/results